In mid-March, 2020 our team excitedly opened the doors to our newest facility – MPS Feed LLC in St. Henry, OH. We hosted a grand opening featuring presentations, food and facility tours to employees, board members and the public.
Top-of-the-Line Feed Offerings
MPS Feed is a state-of-the-art mega feed mill capable of producing 5-6 semi loads of feed per hour. The feed produced at MPS Feed comes in high quality and high volume – offering customers a quicker and more efficient process for obtaining feed. The services offered by MPS Feed include:
- Feed manufacturing.
- Bulk feed manufacturing and production, with an emphasis on layer and pullet feed.
- Feed manufactured for 2 entities – Mercer Landmark and Prairie Star Farms.
- Bulk feed farm delivery and service.
- 24 hr on-call feed ordering and manufacturing capabilities.
Fast. Consistent. Quality.
The new MPS Feed Facility offers a multitude of benefits to current and future customers in our area. The quality of both feed and service is next-to-none and gives customers the opportunity to get the highest grade feed in a quick and timely fashion. An added bonus is the knowledge, experience and positive relationship you’ll experience with our team at MPS Feed. Both our manufacturing and delivery teams have a significant amount of experience in the entire bulk feed production and delivery process.
When working with our MPS Feed location, you can expect:
- State-of-the-art manufacturing.
- High-speed receiving, short lines and quick turnover.
- High volume manufacturing.
- Consistent quality.
- Fully automated feed manufacturing processes – yes, just ONE operator can run the entire mill!
- “Just in time” ordering – this means we can have a load of feed mixed and delivered within just an HOUR of receiving an order.
- Quality control and sample retention at every aspect of the process – from inbound ingredients to outbound feed.
What It’s Like to Work with the Team at MPS
The MPS team works in a fast-paced environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork. We believe that it takes a team to get the job done right, and we see that concept trickle down through many of our locations, including MPS Feed. While our team at MPS Feed is quick to get the job done, they do what they can to keep the work environment focused, yet fun in order to ensure everyone has a good time throughout their workday.
Our MPS Feed team is:
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on solving problems through the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) process.
- Works closely to coordinate on plant repairs/shutdowns between operations & maintenance teams to minimize downtime impacts on customers.
- Focused on the customer. Always.
- Office Staff and Operations work closely together, meeting daily, to review ingredient needs, production concerns and any billing/invoicing issues from the previous day of production.
- The office staff is continuously monitoring and focusing on inbound ingredient/corn turnaround times and customer service for local growers and partners.
At Mercer Landmark, we strive to do our best to provide our customers with quick, efficient and quality service and products. MPS Feed has allowed us to continue to grow and enhance the customer experience – while continuously helping add value to their farm. Our customers’ goals are important to us, and we work hard to do what we can to keep them up and running – efficiently and safely.
#DidYouKnow – Some Fun MPS Facts
- MPS Feed can produce a 24-ton load of feed in approximately 9 minutes.
- We have 5 million bushels of grain storage along with 3000 tons of ingredient storage capacity.
- We have 1300 tons of overhead storage capacity for finished feed (roughly 48 full 24-ton feed loads).
- The average inbound grain dump time from scale-in to scale-out has been 9.24 minutes since the startup on March 2, 2020.
Want to learn more about the MPS Feed or view our other locations? Click here.